Weight Management Program
Join DHC’s new program which strikes the perfect balance between nutrition, exercise and support and it will be tailored to your goals, your lifestyle, your needs and your schedules & preferences.
Get a taste of Total Fitness – on your terms. By signing up for any membership plan today, you can experience all that DHC has to offer. Kick start your transformation to “the new you” with a focused, one-on-one personal training session. Access essential tools that will guide your journey on the path to total fitness.
Proper nutrition for weight loss, weight maintenance, or muscle development is essential! By managing the calories you consume and the calories you expend exercising, you can create a caloric deficit (weight loss), equilibrium (weight maintenance) or surplus (weight gain).
Exercise + Nutrition = Total Fitness
Tips for weight loss
- Don't drink fruit juices or juice-based products while "dieting". Get your nutrition from calories you chew rather then swallow.
- Shoot for 25 to 35 gm of fiber per day.
- If you get hungry, eat a few ounces of protein to tide you over until your next meal.
- Spice up your food with red pepper, which boosts metabolism.
- Drink green tea liberally - it helps burn fat.
- Try no to let yourself get bored, stressed out or depressed. Regular exercise and supplements can help alleviate depression.
- Outwait your food cravings. They generally last no longer then 10 minutes.
- Distract yourself with a nonfood related activity, such as exercising, reading, pursuing a favorite hobby, listening to music, writing letters, surfing the internet.
- Make a list of 25 things to do rather then eat, and keep it handy for times when you feel tempted to eat (when you shouldn't).